Ease of Social Media for Job Hunt

Social media is a key player in the job search process today. Sites like LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook allow employers to get a glimpse of who you are outside the confines of a resume, cover letter, or interview—while they offer job seekers the opportunity to learn about companies they’re interested in; connect with current and former employees; and hear about job openings instantaneously, among other things. In a recent survey by Saville & Holdsowrth Ltd (SHL), less than 40% of graduates said they would consider marketing themselves to recruiters online. This means that the other 60% are missing the opportunity to present themselves in a positive light and use social media to help them get a job. Using social media in your job search is about linking yourself into the technological world. The majority of open jobs are not posted on job boards, but are found through networking. Using social media sites as a networking tool can help you find unofficial job postings or find out about job openings through your online connections at the companies you are most interested in. Social media has become a way for professionals to network and “meet” hundreds of people.

That’s probably why half of all job seekers are active on social networking sites on a daily basis, and more than a third of all employers utilize these sites in their hiring process.

social-media-job-search-e1339956505450

HireTale

HireTale

HireTale.com is a technology start-up disrupting the whole recruitment eco-system. We differentiate ourselves in using technology-enabled innovative ideas in connecting recruiters & job aspirants. Register at https://www.hiretale.com/users/add_seeker to apply for top-notch jobs in India. Feel free to write to us at hello@hiretale.com for any suggestions/feedback.

More Posts - Website

Follow Me:
TwitterFacebookLinkedInGoogle PlusYouTube

Add Comment Register



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>