1. A software engineer is less likely to cheat on you. This is because all the time he thinks why his code is not working.
2. A software engineer knows how to fix complex problems with the minimum effort.
3. A software engineer will listen to you very patiently because that is part of his daily routine.
4. Free tech support 24 X 7
5. A software guy stress tests everything before executing it.
6. Software engineers are extremely well when it comes to interpretation. They will interpret better than guys from other professions.
7. A software engineer knows how to survive with only beer and tea. Don’t give him food, that’s part of his lifestyle
8. A software engineer needs just a computer to keep himself engaged. You can take over the TV for however long you may want.
9. A software engineer follows a test driven robust principle in his day to day life. What ever task you give him, he will test it, figure out a logic and implement it. Best part – he will never forget that logic and will apply the learning in his next task quite effectively.
10. A software engineer knows how to perform repetitive tasks at precise intervals. Moreover, he finds a way to overcome repetition and monotony. Expect a roller coaster ride.
Disclaimer: You can do whatever you want but never ask a software engineer why his code doesn’t work. Never do that!