On September 23rd 2014, I was reading the posts of people who got employed in IT giants. I also wanted to write a post. By October 6, 2014, I was at the right place.
Sounds terrific, doesn’t it? In a duration of just 7 days, Aravind bagged his dream job through HireTale. Of course, he had to prepare for it, but we are talking about the time consumed in between – him applying and him ending with the Tech R Labs.
Aravind is just a next-door boy from Ooty. He did his engineering from “Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan College of Engineering, Coimbatore”. In an exclusive interview with HireTale, Aravind talks about his journey to Tech R Labs.
1) How would you introduce yourself to our followers?
2) Is this your first job?
3) What was your area of interest? Do you find Tech R Labs as per your interest?
I always wanted to be an Open Source contributor.
Yeah !! Tech R is not a company with 4×4 cabins. My company provides me all the latest high-end software and hardware. Most Importantly, as a developer, you can’t blame the infrastructure for incomplete or delayed tasks 😉
4) Can you explain the entire selection process to us? How long it took to be over with after you applied?
Of course, Basic Aptitude is a part of the corporate Interviews. My coding standard was tested. Even 1kb of memory matters for a developer. Beyond these, my Attitude was directly proportional to the probability of getting selected.
It all got over in just a week.
5) What kinds of questions were asked in the interview? Can you provide some examples?
It was just like a conversation. My CEO knows the skills of making the right judgments.
It was like:
— They asked me to write a script for splitting a string as Google search does.
— PHP arrays
— Optimized C code to determine the area of a circle. But one should achieve this by writing the minimum amount of code.
6) How did you prepare for it? Was it tough?
I referred neither “Yashwant Kanetkar’s Let Us C” nor “Rasmus Lerdorf’s PHP manual”. But Ultimately I want to convey that I have always been interested in Opensource technologies and that paid off well here.
7) If one wants to get into tech R Labs, what and how should one prepare?
The candidates should have deep knowledge about their academic project(s). They must specify their role in the project. These aspects are critical in judging a candidate’s capability and adaptability to be a part of a team.
8) Anything that you would like to share with our followers. Any advice, any experience of yours?
On September 23rd, 2014, I was reading out the posts of people, who got employed in IT giants. I also wanted to write a post. By October 6, 2014, I was in the right place. Thank You HireTale.