Health and Fitness: A Strategy and a responsibility. Employers health and their well-being affect the business a lot. Health and fitness are key to run a business. Employee health affects the business and its productivity adversely. They add core value to the growth of the company in the global market. An organization needs a healthy mind of the corporates.
As it is well said that “Health is Wealth.” Without good health, there is no wealth. It’s super hard to perform well when you feel sick and tired. Health can be improved by doing some physical activity or exercise, which can reduce the risk of several diseases like diabetes, cancer, and cardiovascular disease. Physical activity and exercise can have long- term benefits on the health of individuals. Successful people value their lives and invest it in enjoying; they don’t want any disrupt through illness or injury.
“You are not wealthy until you are healthy.”
Why good health is good business?
- Employers who use to maintain their health can focus on the business more effectively and efficiently. It can shape the industry more constructively and progressively.
- An organization should encourage positive communication in the workplace. It gives more involvement of the employee in the job.
- The corporate culture of the company should encourage the team to take regular breaks during the day so that they can take their meals on time. It can help in boosting the employees to make a healthier workforce as an organization needs healthy people to perform well in the organization. It will give good business outcomes and growth.
- Physical exercise is the best way to keep the body healthy and active for the whole day. It is a kind of discipline which means self- control and sincerity, which improves mental strength and capability. These aspects help in the growth of the organization.
- Health and fitness give a boost to the brain, which increases mood and provides more happiness throughout the day. It increases productivity in the business.
“More Wellness Less Stress”
Reasons to why employees health matters to the organization
- Healthy Environment– Promoting health through all aspects can create a healthy work culture. Employees are the best asset of every organization, and if the organization is putting effort into employee wellness and health, then it can encourage better teamwork and increases productivity. An organization can help the employees to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid unhealthy or risky habits. An organization can encourage the health and wellness of the employees by having a weekly exercise program such as Yoga Session, and they can motivate by engaging with different personalities.
“Cheerfulness is the best supporter of health and is as friendly to the mind as to the body.’’
- Reduces Absenteeism – According to research, a healthy employee is more responsive both physically and mentally, and they don’t skip their work. When offices encourage to take a healthy diet on time and offer preventive healthcare services, then employees get motivated and give back to the organization by being proactive with their tasks. The most important purpose that these programs serve is that they align the interests of the employee and employer. Businesses want healthy employees, and it reduces absenteeism.
- Promotes employee engagement and job satisfaction- Most of the companies have employee engagement practices in the organization, which may or may not include healthcare and benefits. These elements help in making employees feel secure at work and positive about their employer. These types of engagement can further translate into job satisfaction. When an employee feels satisfied with the job, he/she feels more connected to the organization and loyalty will be reflected through increased productivity.
- Safe and healthy workforce- When a company encourages a healthy work culture, then it creates a happier corporate lifestyle. Every company has its own different corporate culture, and that determines its values. Employees will care and respect for the company they are working with if they know that they are being looked after. If a company puts efforts into employee wellness, then it can encourage teamwork, productivity, and reduce sick leave.
“It is health that is real wealth.”
Ways to create a healthy workplace environment
A happy and healthy employee of an organization is a productive employee.
- Eat healthily– Healthy eating is all about feeling great, having more energy, improving the outlook and mood of the employee. Every organization should create a healthy workplace environment by eating healthy, and no-skipping lunch break. Healthy eating habits can shape a healthy office. Eating healthy is essential for concentration and productivity levels in the office.
- Proper break time– It is a great way to create a healthy environment in the workplace. The organization should encourage employees to take a proper break time for lunch and also take a quick 5-10 min break after 2-3 hours of work. It can help in restoring the level of concentration.
- Promote work-life balance– As every individual get only one life, so it should be lived to the fullest. Maintaining work-life balance is very important to ensure physical health and well being. Every company wants employees who are hard-working and healthy. Some studies reveal that employees who maintain their work-life balance are much more productive than those who do not. If an individual life revolves around work only then he/she loses a lot of the other positive dimensions that make him/her attractive to employers or other people.
- Promote wellness and team building activities– There are a lot of ways to promote wellness, and it can encourage to mitigate the tension and anxiety of employees. It includes yoga sessions before the start of their workday or some meditation exercises or an aerobics class after work. Team building activities help in improving internal communication and productivity. These activities help to get employees to know each other better. It encourages a healthy lifestyle among the team.
“Keeping employees motivated is one of the crucial aspects of running a business.”
Already have a healthy workplace need to hire for? – Post a free job